Gutsy Animations is looking for an Art Director
Gutsy Animations UK is looking for an Art Director effective immediately to join the production team in Bristol for its award-winning series “Moominvalley”. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this role will initially be working from home but as soon as we’re able to return to normality, it will be based in Clifton, Bristol. The Art Director role is integral to the creative output of the Art Department. The role primarily involves realising the Production Designer’s vision for the series and requires both 3D and 2D technical skills. Key responsibilities:
• To support the Production Designer with the creative output of the Art Department.
• To interpret sketches from the Production Designer and build them in Sketch Up (or other 3D modelling programme) and, on approval, provide a full set of technical drawings to support the model for delivery to the animation studio.
• Creative and imaginative input to the design work of the department for both prop design and location asset creation.
• Attending design reviews with the Directors.
• Act swiftly on feedback from either the Production Designer or Director. Key Requirements:
• Must be proficient in Sketch Up or other 3D modelling programme.
• Must be able to produce technical drawings - both in pencil and using a computer programme, for example CAD or VectorWorks.
• Must understand how to work to scale.
• Must be proficient in Photoshop.
• Must be able to create free hand sketches of both props and location assets.
• A keen eye for detail and strong creative skills.
• Must be able to work remotely and without constant supervision.
• Must be able to research ideas for props and communicate those ideas clearly.
• Organisational skills a must.
Please note all applicants must have full legal rights to work in the UK. Please send CV and covering letter to